6. THE TREADMILL: CROSSOVER PLATEN
10 June 1990
This platen covers the items used in the treadmill at the point where the positive goal is abandoned and the negative goal comes into action. For more information, see the write-up on the Treadmill. At this point in the incident, your floating up above the grave containing the dead body of the terminal.
1. TO (positive goal) IS TO REGRET EVER HAVING (pos. goal-ed)
2. TO (pos. goal) IS TO ABANDON THE GOAL OF (pos. goal).
3. TO ABANDON (pos. goal) IS TO SURVIVE.
4. TO ABANDON (pos. goal) IS TO FORGET EVER HAVING (pos goal-ed)
(* Spot the top (native state) of platen 1).
5. YOU BEGIN TO HATE
6. YOU DECIDE TO GET EVEN.
7. YOU CHOOSE A NEW GOAL.
8. YOU CHOOSE TO (negative goal).
9. IN THE BEGINNING, NOW, AND FOREVER, IS THE DECISION, AND THE DECISION IS TO (negative goal).
10. TO (negative goal) IS THE ULTIMATE PURPOSE.
11. TO (negative goal) IS TO ACHIEVE FREEDOM, SUCCESS, ENLIGHTENMENT, TRUTH, BEAUTY, KNOWLEDGE, POWER, CONTROL, RESPECT, etc.
12. TO (negative goal) IS TO BE THE (negative terminal). (at this point the negative terminal appears).
Then Spot the following:
a. The inversion scene (used in later implants)
b. The implant making you abandon the positive goal
c. The top of the positive goal (native state)
d. The action of the negative terminal in doing the goal.
e. The Incident 2 location
f. The Pyramid Location
g. The "This means and end to" statement said by the terminal.
h. The Survival statement said by the negative terminal.
i. Repeat steps a to c.. The action of the negative terminal in doing the goal.
After this comes the main section of the negative implant. You run around as the negative terminal, destroying and unmocking stuff until nothing is left, and then it ends with the reverse platen described earlier.